Atlantic Christian School is owned and operated by the Atlantic Christian School Association. The Association is comprised of Christians from many denominations who are school parents, faculty, staff, and community supporters who believe in the mission and ministry of the school. All Association members must agree with the school’s Statement of Faith.
A Board of Directors, elected by the Association at its May annual meeting, determines the policies, procedures, and regulations for the operation and administration of the school. The Board also assists in raising funds for the school and monitors the performance of the school’s administration. Board members come from a cross-section of disciplines and denominations. The term of service is three years. Board members may be re-elected for additional terms, not to exceed three consecutive terms.
Board members view their service on the Board as a God-given ministy. They actively seek to support and advance the mission of Atlantic Christian by giving of their time, talents, and resources. Each Board member has been a member of the ACS Association for at least one year. Board members or members of their immediate family may not hold a position as a paid staff member or administrator.
Mrs. Kim Burns
Prevention Specialist, Atlantic Prevention Resources
SonRise Christian Fellowship
Mr. Rudolf Dalinger
New Product Development Manager, Viking Yacht
Sculville Bible Church
Mrs. Kristine Jacoby
Paralegal, State of New Jersey
Mrs. Jane Grawl
Retired Real Estate Broker
Christ Episcopal Church
Mr. Doug Pearson
State Trooper, State of New Jersey
Mrs. Claudia Pennella
Managing Partner, American Abstract Agency
Mr. Clayton Simpson
Certified Public Accountant
Mrs. Johanna Winder
Second Cape May Baptist Church
Ex-Officio, Non Voting
Mrs. Karen Newman, MEd
K-12 Principal, Interim Chief School Administrator
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation for lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that this salvation is received by faith alone.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.